Following the introduction of the Photo Story Panda Award in 2018, we have truly cemented the craft of wildlife photography as part of the DNA of Wildscreen Festival. We are pleased to again be celebrating and recognising the very best in photographic narrative, uniting it alongside the world’s very best natural world film talent.
As the previous two years have been challenging for photographers to travel to tell stories, we are particularly encouraging the sharing of local stories and discoveries on your doorstep, wherever in the world you are.
The Photo Story category is open to anyone with a story to tell about our natural world. There is no requirement around camera equipment used and we welcome entries from photographers with every level of experience. We are seeking a series of 6 excellent images which focus on nature that have been taken since March 2020.
Photographers who are 30 years-old or younger are also eligible for the Emerging Talent Photo Story Award, recognising outstanding new talent.
Nominated Photo Stories will be judged by experts in the natural industry, with winners receiving a certificate, laurel and coveted Panda Award trophy. Take a look at our nominated Photo Stories from Wildscreen Festival 2020.
How to Enter
To be eligible, the Photo Story must:
- have an aspect of the natural world as the central focus
- have a clear and connected narrative weaved throughout the story
- include at least one photograph within the story taken on or after 1 March 2020
- consist of six photographs
- not portray subjects that have been captured using live bait
- not portray subjects that are captive, models, restrained, domesticated, or being exploited for profit, except if done so for the purposes of reporting on exploitation of animal(s) by a third party or a welfare issue.
We are accepting submissions to the Photo Story Award submissions via FilmFreeway. If you have any questions about your submission, please get in touch with the team at email@example.com
- 14 April 2022 - Regular Deadline (midnight Pacific Time)
- August 2022 - Nominees announced
- October 2022 - Winners Announced