This is your chance to bring your natural world film project to life! Wild Pitch aims to platform unique stories and storytelling talent from across the international wildlife production ecosystem, spanning off-screen to on-screen talent. Whether you are a producer, cinematographer, presenter or scientist, Wild Pitch is open to all with a story to tell about our natural world, its beauty and its fragility.
Nine individuals (or teams) will each have 3 minutes to pitch their nature-centred film idea to a jury of leading commissioners and senior executives, in front of a live audience at Wildscreen Festival 2022. The three most original and exciting projects will win a cash prize of £6,000.
Projects must be entered and applicable to one of the following three categories:
- Animal Behaviour
- Conservation / Environment
- On-screen talent
Three projects will be shortlisted per category to be pitched live at the Wildscreen Festival to a jury of leading industry commissioners and decision makers. The winning pitch from each category, will receive a cash prize of £6,000. The prize money can be used to support the further development of the film project such as research and development of the project, post production or to support the career development of the pitcher(s) such as investing in a piece of kit or to gain a qualification.
- Applications open: Friday 16 September 2022
- Deadline for applications: Tuesday 27 September 2022, 11:59 PM BST
- Participants notified of selection: Tuesday 3 October, 2022
- Live pitch at Wildscreen Festival 2022: Wednesday 12 October
Applicants need to be a Wildscreen Festival 2022 full hybrid week or online pass holder and be able to attend the Wildscreen Festival from 10-14 October, inclusive. Please do not apply if you are not able to attend either live in person or remotely via a live link.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or over.
Projects must be film-based and can be any format including one-offs, series, shorts and feature length. They must be at development of production stage and not have any finance already secured from a broadcaster, platform, sales agent etc.
How to submit
- Ensure you have purchased a Wildscreen Festival 2022 Hybrid or Online Pass
- Complete and submit your Wild Pitch application and personal information via the online Wild Pitch application form here.
- Only one submission is permitted per entrant per category.
Wild Pitch is made possible by National Geographic.